The valves pierce the CO2 cartridge in response to a thermal or electric (when the electric operation is installed} signal. The CO2 flow into the cylinder and causes the window opening.
Ultraflex Control Systems was in 1985 the first company in Italy starting the production of these emergency systems, contributing operatively and technically to carry on the experimental tests executed by the Firemen Study Center, co-ordinated by the "Centra Nazionale Tecniche Antincendio"
The Redline valves grant a safe operation in case of fire and have been tested by an authorized Institute according to the UNI 9494 regulations.
The valves are supplied with the 68° C (180° F) fusible link.
CO2 cartridge to be ordered separately.
Available on request other temperatures calibrated fusible links.
THERMAL VALVE (part n° 36751 B)
- It is screwed directly to the cylinder (instead of one of the two nipples).
- The pin pierces the CO2 cartridge when the temperature reaches the fusible link set value (68° CM 80°F).
- The thermal valve is arranged for the pyrotecnic device application, also successively.
THERMAL VALVE WITH 1/8" THREAD (part n° 40242E)
- The 1/8" thread allows a direct connection to copper tubes standard nipples.
THERMAL VALVE WITH SELECTOR (part n° 36756G)
- It has the same characteristics as the thermal valve, but with the further possibility of operating the cylilnder by another energy supply such as a manual valves control box or an electromagnetic valve.
- It's supplied with connectors for the cylinder direct installation and the copper tube.
SELECTING VALVE (part n° 36753D)
- It can be installed in any point of the system and allows to feed the cylinder by different energy supplies such as an automatic valve, a manual valve control box or a manual valve for ventilation.
- It is supplied with nipples for the copper tube connection.
PYROTECHNIC DEVICE (part n° 36754E)
- It's a small piston containing a primer.
- It can be applied to the thermal valve or to the thermal valve with selector.
- The detonation occours when it is fed at 12 V or 24 V; their effect pushes the piston against the fusible link, breaking it.